COLUMBIA, S.C. (September 18, 2014) – The South Carolina State Election Commission, along with Americans across the nation, will be celebrating National Voter Registration Day (NVRD) on Tuesday, September 23, 2014. This is a nationwide effort to register voters before the upcoming election in November. This year’s theme is Celebrating Democracy in America, encouraging individuals to exercise one of our most basic rights in America: the right to vote!
The State Election Commission encourages all South Carolinians to exercise that right on November 4, and the first step to doing that is registering to vote.
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED BY OCTOBER 4 TO VOTE IN THE NOVEMBER 4 GENERAL ELECTION.
In South Carolina, voter registration has never been easier:
- Register online at scVOTES.org (requires SC Driver’s License or DMV ID Card)
- Register the Dorchester County Voter Registration and Elections office located at 201 Johnston Street, St. George 29477
- Download a voter registration form from scVOTES.org. Complete and return it to your county voter registration and elections office:
- By mail (postmarked by October 4)
- By fax (received by October 4)
- By email attachment (received by October 4)
- If you have moved, make sure you are ready to vote by updating your registration.
- If you have moved from one county to another, you must register in your new county by October 4 to be eligible to vote.
- If you’ve moved within your county or changed your name recently, it will help ensure a smoother voting process for you – and your neighbors – by updating your information prior to November 4.
For more information on voter registration and elections, visit www.scVOTES.org. For more information on NVRD, please visit www.NationalVoterRegistrationDay.org. Please promote NVRD this year by using #CelebrateNVRD on your social media accounts.