Becoming a Poll Manager:
Poll Managers are given the chance to serve the community and become involved in the democratic process. A Poll Manager’s Election Day duties include:
- Processing of voters
- Ballot distribution
- Operation of the voting machines
- Compliance with election laws
- General assistance to voters
Poll Managers are compensated $120 and the Clerk of the Precinct receives $180 for each election they work.
In order to qualify to become a Poll Manager you have to meet the following requirements:
- You must be a registered voter in Dorchester County, or an adjoining county (Charleston, Berkeley, Orangeburg, or Colleton County).
- You must be willing and able to attend a Poll Manager Training Session (2-3 hours)
- You must be prepared to work the ENTIRE Election Day, from 6:00 AM until approximately 7:30 PM (or later, if necessary)
- You must be able to remain non-partisan and neutral while working an election
If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the online Poll Worker Application. When your application is received, you will be added to our mailing list. We will keep you informed of upcoming Poll Manager Training Sessions and Elections.